There is nothing quite as delightfully refreshing and healthy as a tall glass of home-made juice. Here we bring you some of the best juicers in India. Having your own juicer at home will guarantee that you are getting all the goodness of the fruits, vegetables, and leafy greens you are juicing and nothing else. Juicers are a useful tool that can help you lose weight and become healthier on a day to day basis because they allow you to make juices at home.
Juicers help you to get a sufficient intake of nutrients and vitamins from both fruits and vegetables because they are concentrated in the juice produced. Juicers also allow you to create the exact combination of fruits and/or vegetables that you feel like at that point in time. If fruits and/or vegetables can be juiced it allows people with insufficient digestive power to be able to acquire adequate nutrients and vitamins which might enable their quality of life to be maintained at a constant level or even increase, depending on their current situation.
Different Types of Juicers
First lets touch on the different types of juicers that are out in the market now. Depending on what your goals are and your budgets are there are many juicers out there to choose from so how do you choose? First lets start by the different kinds of juicers there are on the market:
Centrifugal juicers are the most common type of juicers. The fruits and vegetables are forced through a high speed spinning metal blade that spins against a mesh filter, that results in separating juice from flesh via centrifugal force. In most centrifugal juicers, the juice and pulp are collected in separate containers. The main drawback with centrifugal juicers is that the high speed spinning metal blade generates lot of heat, which destroys and oxidizes some of the enzymes present in the fruits and vegetables that you want to juice and hence making it less nutritious.
Masticating Juicers – Single Gear
Compress fruits and vegetables to extract the juice from each. These newer juicers extract juice by first crushing and then pressing fruit and vegetables allowing more liquid to be extracted from each fruit for the highest juice yield. Cold press juicers preserve more of the healthy nutrients and enzymes found in raw produce.
Masticating Juicers – Twin Gear
These juicers are more of the top quality of juicing machines. They use twin gear extractors which operate at a much lower speed (80-110 RPM) which means less heat then centrifugal juicers or even single gear-masticating juicers ensuring that less air gets trapped into the juice so less oxidation occurs. This will increase the storage life of the juice without loosing its health benefits.
These juicers are good for that fresh glass of orange juice in the morning. They come in manual and electric versions. They are generally quite affordable but can be a little bit of leg work. They work well with fruits such as oranges, grapefruit, lemons and lime.
Wheat grass in itself will do wonders in someones health and well being. Wheatgrass juicers generally only do that – juice wheatgrass. As there are masticating juicers that offer as a wheatgrass juicer some people feel that wheatgrass is all they need.
Best Juicers in India 2018
Everyone has different wants and goals when it comes to juicing and there isn’t one juicer that suits everyone’s needs. There are so many out there it just depends on what is more important to you. Here are some questions that you should ask yourself before you buy a juicer:
- Is time an issue for you? Are you on the go all of the time and you need a juicer that is quick?
- Is money and issue for you? Do you want a quality juicer but don’t want to break the back?
- Do you want a juicer that is multi functional?
- Are you just looking for making citrus juices or you are just interested in wheatgrass?
|Product||Type||Motor Power/watts||Warranty||Rating||Buying Option|
|Kuvings Professional Cold Press Whole Slow Juicer ||Masticating /Slow Juicer||240 watt||2 year||Buy On Amazon|
|Hurom Slow Juicer HN NBC20 ||Masticating /Slow Juicer||150 watt||2 years||Buy On Amazon|
|Bosch Lifestyle MESM731M Slow Juicer||Masticating /Slow Juicer||150 watt||2 years||Buy On Amazon|
|Borosil Primus juicer ||Centrifugal||800 watt||1 year||Buy On Amazon|
|Philips Viva Collection HR1863/20 2-Litre Juicer ||Centrifugal||700 watt||2 years||Buy On Amazon|
|Panasonic MJ-68M Juicer||Centrifugal||220 watt||1 year||Buy On Amazon|
|Braun CJ3000 Citrus Juicer||Citrus||20 watt||NA||Buy On Amazon|
|Panasonic MJ-L500 Cold Press Slow Juicer ||Masticating /Slow Juicer||150 watt||5 years||Buy On Amazon|
|Sujata Powermatic Juicer||Centrifugal||900 watt||NA||Buy On Amazon|
|Black & Decker CJ650 Citrus Juicer||Citrus||30 watt||2 year||Buy On Amazon|
The Scary Truth About Store Bought Juice
Next time you go to the grocery store, check out the ingredients list on the container juices that are supposedly fresh. You’ll probably see a listing of “ingredients not found in regular juice” which could include things like high fructose corn syrup, and a variety of preservatives. Know what you’ll find in fresh squeezed juice? That’s right, just the juice, and natural vitamins, minerals and enzymes.
Another big knock against store bought juice is the preservation process that it goes through. After the juice is extracted from the fruit or vegetable in the packaging plant it typically has to travel a long distance before it arrives at the store, and it may have to sit for several days on the shelf before you buy it. So companies have developed a way to make it last longer. Unfortunately that process also destroys many of the vitamins, minerals and nutrients that are present in the fresh juice.
100% of the enzymes are eliminated from the juice at the factory. Enzymes break down the juice making it go bad quicker. But enzymes are also extremely beneficial to our bodies, aiding with digestion and metabolic processes. Juice companies destroy all of the enzymes by boiling their juice at 110 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes.
After eliminating all of the enzymes and many of the vitamins, factories then add sweeteners, and artificial vitamins and minerals to replace the natural ones that were destroyed. That can’t be good. And to top things off many manufacturers will add in artificial granules that are made to look like real fruit to simulate pulp in your juice. Gross.
Using your own juicer at home to make juice ensures that you are getting the full benefit of all the nutrients and taste from your fresh fruits and veggies with no unwanted additions. As more people learn the truth about store bought juice you can see why juicers have become so popular in recent years.
What are the benefits of Juicing?
There are endless benefits to juicing. To simply put it juicing extracts the vitamins, nutrients, enzymes and minerals from the fiber. When we consume the juice all of the “good stuff” is going directly into our bloodstream in a quick and efficient manner. By doing this you are able to add a wider variety of vegetables and fruit into your diet. Experts recommend that between six to eight servings of fruit and vegetables per day should be in our diets. Usually, people just can’t eat enough raw vegetables and fruits in a day to nourish their bodies properly.
Finding time to drink a fresh glass of nutrient-rich raw juice is a simple and vital addition to your lifestyle. Majority of us are not eating enough raw foods as the food we consume is typically cooked. Cooking food can diminish foods nutritional value. Certain vitamins such as Vitamin C and folate, are destroyed by heat. By juicing raw fruits and vegetables you are absorbing all of the essentials.
Another benefit to juicing is it also is easier to consume a wider variety then what you would typically eat in a day. The combinations of different fruits and vegetables to make your yummy juices are absolutely endless!! When was the last time you mixed kale, celery, parsley, cucumber, lemon, ginger and a apple together? Simply juice, pour over ice and drink and it is absolutely delicious!
Juicing provides our digestive systems a break. All though the fiber in fruits and vegetables is definitely good for you drinking juice you are allowing your digestive track a chance to rest, heal and regenerate. Our diets can put quite a work load on our digestive systems. By juicing our bodies are absorbing and metabolizing all of the beneficial nutrients from the produce as in essence the produce has already been digested so it is easier for our bodies to absorb all of the goodness.
In order to keep a well balanced diet you should treat juicing as a supplement to your existing diet, unless you are doing a juice cleanse. You body needs proteins, healthy fats and fiber as well as the vitamins and minerals. Try drinking a glass of your fresh juice with your meals or as a healthy snack.
Depending what type of juicer you have or wish to buy check out my juicer reviews here you should drink your drink as soon as possible. Especially if you have a Centrifugal juicer as they allow air and heat into the juice which can kill many of the essential nutrients. If you have a Masticating juicer you can store your juice for up to 24-72 hours if it is properly stored and refrigerated. To properly store juice it is best to use mason jars.
As you can see there are many benefits to juicing raw, fresh produce. And your bodies will thank you for it one glass at a time.
Want to Transform your Juices? Here are some juicing tips that will turn your juices from ordinary to extraordinary.
You are reading this article because personal health is something that has always been extremely important to you and you are always looking for new ways to improve yourself and live a healthier life. Use these juicing tips in this article to give yourself a good background on juicing and see if it is a good option for you.
- Skip juicing fruits with low moisture contents. Fruits such as bananas and avocado, while tasty and healthy, are very dense and do not contain much water. Not only will they not produce much juice, they can clog up your juicing machine. To include these healthy fruits in your juice, blend them in a blender, and then add the rest of your juiced fruits.
- If you must use non-organic fruits and vegetables in your juicing, peel it. It is not safe to ingest the skin even if you clean it well. Heavy metals and other dangerous things can permeate the skin, meaning cleaning won’t actually remove it. The skin of fruit and vegetables is very good for you, so you are much better off buying organic and including its skin in your juices. Check out this article suggesting the 14 top fruits and vegetables that you should always buy organic.
- To gain the most benefits from making your own juice at home, make it a habit. Consume juice daily by replacing a daily snack with fruit and vegetable juice. Make sure you drink your juice no later than 20 minutes after you make it for the best health benefits.
- While you get the best health benefits from consuming your juice immediately, if you have to store juice you can take steps to preserve its nutrients. Airtight containers will protect the nutritional value of your fresh juice, and you can further boost its shelf life by adding lemon to your juice.
- Research the nutrients you need to be taking in to choose which vegetables, fruit, and plants you should be consuming. You don’t have to have every single one every single day, instead spread your nutrient consumption out over a week. For example, if you need beta carotene you can have carrots every other day.
- When you’re juicing, don’t try to remove every bit of pulp from your juice. Pulp adds fiber, vitamins, and minerals to your diet. Leaving some in your juice also adds to the flavor and texture of what you are drinking. You can always add a little water if the pulp is too much.
- Clean your juicer immediately after use every time. When you are choosing your juicer, it is very helpful to pick one which can be easily disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled. If cleanup is too long or difficult, you will find yourself using your juicer less and less often. Also, since fruit juice spoils quickly, fruit juice and residue left in your machine can quickly grow molds and bacteria contaminating your machine.
If you are absolutely new to juicing and need a diet plan to get started I recommend trying a 5 day juice diet. Juicing, done right, takes you back in time while living your daily life – when done with a little-known secret You want to be sure that you are doing all that you can to live a happy and healthy life. There are many ways of doing this and one such way is through making your own homemade juice. Hopefully these juicing tips in this article will help get you started.